Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

I've been a while since I've seriously blogged. My absence was due to a lot reasons.

1) Managed a team of 5 engineers
2) Which grew to 9 engineers in 3 months
3) Then received 3 resignation letters from the original engineers all in one month (I think I broke the record here)
4) Hired 2 more new engineers in 2 months, looking for one more
5) So 1 experienced engineer, 1 relatively new one and 5 new babies to look after (one more baby coming soon)
6) Crazy deadlines to meet, a huge project to drive, fires to put out, new people to train, battles to fight
7) Oh, and throw in a miscarriage, 1 week to heal physically, came back to deal with a project behind schedule and months of depression after that

Today, we meet our 2nd milestone. Somehow, dear LP and I managed to hold this new team together despite all the challenges we faced. Everyday is a battle of running to meetings, coaching new hires, talking to other teams and departments. Sometimes I hide in the toilet, sometimes in a conference room, sometimes I hide at home. If it weren't for LP, I would throw in my badge and head running to the door.

Despite it all, at this moment, I am truly contented. Just a few days ago, I was tempted to quit. But there's always that nice feeling of accomplishment when you've managed to survive yet another round of shit.

It just makes you a teeny bit stronger each time.


4 comments:

Tan Shu-Yin said...

Miss u ler. Can't wait to catch up. For now, take care. ;)

Catherine said...

good for you, girl! take care :)

kw said...

boss, hold tight, that's an excellent team.

Mindy said...

Thank you dear KW. :)
We all really miss you. :~(