Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2009

The weekend

After the worst CC ever, feeling tired, overwhelmed and ugly, I wanted to kick back relax and spend time with my poor neglected hubby. I woke up early Saturday morning, put on my makeup and my pretty blue dress while the hubby was still asleep.

Had breakfast at Starbucks alone with the current book I'm reading, Eat Love Pray. I'm half way through the book and I love it. Hubby came down later, a little grouchy that I went down myself without waking him up.



Lunch at Edelweiss Cafe.





Edelweiss Cafe is located at Amernian Street. And if you've been there, you'll feel like mordenation has forgotten about this tiny hidden street in the middle of Georgetown. You'll get the feeling like you've been transported back into a 1940's chinese movie.



Anyway, after having lunch there, I was convinced that I could cook the same thing I had. Spent the whole Sunday wearing my pink pajamas and cooking. So there,

Beef fillet with mushroom sauce served on top of mash potatoes. Made my own salad dressing as well. :)


Went shopping and bought a new pair of shoes. Nothing cures stress better than shopping. But new shoes usually mean new blisters which I now have on both feet. :( But I am stubborn and I will continue to wear those pair of shoes even if I bleed (which happened before with another pair of shoes).

Overall, a good weekend for de-stressing. :)

8 comments:

Catherine said...

haha great way to destress..
oh and it's Eat Pray Love not Eat Love Pray :P
I have the book too but have not started on it yet ;)

Mindy said...

I don't know why I was say Eat Love Pray. I'm currently at the Pray section. It's a wonderful book, especially if you are going through a similar experience.

WY, I'll send you the recipe later. :)

Tan Shu-Yin said...

what a lovely weekend...i miss those lazy days!

Pig said...

Wishing I could just have such "normal" weekend really... it's hard to put a "pause" to my weekends already.

BTW, i hate to ask this..but..where's the beef? I see a lot of the mash potato and mushroom and sauce.. :D

Oh...HAPPY POST-CC!!!
now it's my turn to die :(

Soo Huey said...

hey, anyone have the book '10 people you meet in heaven' or something like that? i heard good reviews n looking for a book to read.

chiaoju said...

Eat Pray Love is nice. loved that book. makes me want to take one year off and live that life!

haha... =)

it gets better when she's in Bali.

Mindy said...

It's actually small pieces of beef fillet. I made a hole in the middle of the mash potatoes and placed all the beef there. :)

I don't have that book. But I have Tuesdays with Morrie somewhere around, I think.

I can't wait to finish reading Eat Pray Love so that I can blog about it. I so wish I had the courage to do what she did.

SY, that's the sacrifice that all mothers have to go through. :)

Mindy said...

Oh, and thank you for the POST-CC wishes. :) Though on CC day itself, we were already briefed on what we have to do for 9.1 SP1, SP2 and 10.0. *breath in, breath out*

Good luck on your deadline. ;)