Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

Dearest Milo-making machine

Dearest Milo-making machine,

You were always there for me every morning for the past 5 years. You always made me that perfect cup of Milo, not too hot, not too sweet and with just the right amount of foam on the top. No matter how bad or how good my days were, you were always there to warm me up. And those days late at work, you always made my hungry tummy feel a little better. Oh how proud I was to have you, you are one of the few things here which I could proudly boast to others “Your pantry got free Milo-making machine or not? Don’t have ah… my pantry got ah”.

Oh how I miss you. After going off for a one week holiday, I was shocked to see you gone. They were smart, they were sneaky, choosing a long break when nobody was around, to take you away. How could they?? I didn’t even have a chance to say goodbye to you.

And now there’s that replacement? How could anything replace you? I tried working things out with the replacement. I tried to give him a chance to make me that perfect cup of warm chocolate drink like how you used to do it for me every morning. But unfortunately, Ricco, is not as perfect as you.

There’s a silent protest here. We all want you back. We don’t want any replacement. We don’t want Ricco. WE WANT MILO.

Despite my love for you, I kinda pity the replacement. Today in an act of protest, someone stuck a piece of paper over the replacement saying, “Bad Coffee, tastes like chlorine” and a few others stuck more papers in agreement. Imagine how the replacement was feeling, humiliated on his first week on the job. I’m guessing your replacement is feeling the stress of trying to fill in your shoes that he broke down from the pressure.



Oh well, I guess I’ll guess have to learn to live without you. It’s sad…. But I shall be to be strong. And maybe one day I'll learn to love the replacement as how I love you?

Missing you every morning,
Mindy

9 comments:

chiaoju said...

i use to love the milo. and then i found someone new -- honey green tea!!! =D

Milo-lover said...

Hey, that Ricco machine didn't breakdown at all! pretend only! Someone go and press the poor machine still can produce a chlorine-ricco...

I want MILO back too! MILO rocks!!!

Soo Huey said...

it didn't really breakdown?? erm... then u have a problem. what are you guys waiting for? is it under camera watch?

Anonymous said...

at least the babe on the machine cover looks hot. kinda.

ok not really. i was trying to be positive.

-wc

Ian said...

Hey we're there for the Milo, not for the hot babe (and we can just as easily post a hotter babe's photo on Milo machine too!)!

Mindy said...

chiaoju, I love honey green tea too! I first tried it at the Fettes Park western food place.

Soo Huey there's an online forum going on where ppl are voicing out how much they want the old machine. Don't know whether anything will be done though.

Oh, and engineers are normally peace-loving ppl. I can't imagine a bunch of engineers going on strike, carrying posters screaming, "We want Milo".

And I didn't know the machine was still working. If it's still working then why did somebody put the sign there leh?

Contemplating whether I should go for a cup of Ricco right now... hmm..

Genny said...

what on earth is Ricco? never heard of that brand before.. sounds like an imitation of Vico >.< shall go google it later outta curousity.... =)

Soo Huey said...

hmm... good point, genny.

i googled "ricco chocolate machine" n browsed till page 4... STILL nothing even vaguely mentioning ricco chocolate drink. on the other hand, there is Lavazza Ricco, which is meant to be "rich espresso with chocolate undertones and a thick persistent crema". still doesnt sound like your drink...

several results mention chocolate-colored Ricco shoes, skirts n dresses tho... maybe we've got it wrong. your machine doesnt make cocoa drinks. it makes liquid that tastes like Ricco dresses -- explains the "hot babe".

Mindy said...

LOL... mgnt has said nothing so I guess it's there to stay. It's Ricco or nothing at all...