Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A little more updates

  1. Somebody from Penang arrived in SJ. I have a dinner buddy now. Yay!~ :)
  2. I was very careful to mosturize my face so that my skin wouldn't dry out. But i forgot about my legs and arms and I have lizard skin now.
  3. My nose has started bleeding. It's just so dry here.
  4. Met a lot of people in SJ. Some are really friendly. Some are not so. Some are cute. ;)
  5. It's interesting to be on the other side of the phone line during a meeting. People here can debate for an hour over one point in one presentation slide.
  6. I went back from office at 9pm yesterday and panic when I found all the exit gates were closed and I couldn't find anybody around. Drove round and round and round and finally found something in the gym. Knocked on the door like a maniac until the guy got off his treadmill and put on his glasses to look at the crazy girl outside. :)
  7. My GPS unit didn't say "Recalculating" today.
  8. It's cold here. I prefer the weather back at home. I won't complain about it anymore.
  9. I seem to have lost my appetite here. I can skip lunch with no problem and still can't finish my dinner later on.
  10. Dogs have taken over my place at home. They now own the sofa and my side of the bed, thanks to Yin How.
  11. I talked to the dogs through skype. They were terribly confused to hear me but not see me.


10 comments:

Ian said...

Oh you reminded me I forgot to tell you about the bleeding nose possibility. :) That happened to me too!

By the way, are you confirmed for the papa tree/mama tree trip? :)

Mindy said...

I'm not sure. The plan has not been finalized yet. It's so cold here. I rush to and from the car and the building. I don't know whether i can survive the whole day outside during the weekend. I'm the girl who had purple lips during water rafting so you can guess how I'm taking the weather here. And it's not even winter yet!

Catherine said...

wow u stayed till 9pm in office?? so hardworking! hehehe..i think the latest i'd stayed was 5.30-6 coz everyone seemed to leave around dat time or earlier even..

wats the temp there? tot u said calif was still sunny during the day? yeah get a jacket..time to do some shopping ;)

Mindy said...

Yea, everybody here mostly leaves at 5 - 6pm. So it's very quiet and empty at the office.

temp is around 16 C. In the afternoon I can go around without a jacket. But it's freezing in the morning. Some days are colder than others.

Genny said...

ooo till 9pm? *suddenly feels guilty for thinking u were on some kinda US sight-seeing trip* =p

hehe... wow, it's tat cold? u didn't bring thick clothes?

hey, u didn't add me in skype =(

Soo Huey said...

hey, jackets actually aren't too effective. unless u have a good merino one.

i think for you, your best bet is to find undergarments. just one of those hugging pants that some aunties wear will do too. wear it under your jeans/pants n it'll make a world of difference!! of course the best ones are the very thin black merino ones.

another item that u should be able to find cheap there, but will make a huge difference is a scarf. after all, its something u can always reuse n can be worn lose as an accessory in warmer weather too.

too bad we didnt know u'd be so cold. i have my sporty woolen jacket, winter socks, the merino underpants thingy, a nice good glove n scarf that i could've lent u!

Soo Huey said...

dont know what trip u're talking about n if u'll think it's worth it.

but, usually if there's a crowd n u're dressed appropriately, u'll get used to the cold once u're out for long enough. don't turn the heater too warm when u're indoors coz then your body doesnt adjust to colder temperature.

the essentials when u're feeling this cold is a scarf n perhaps long tight pants inside. try it n suddenly the world will be a warmer place!! ;)

ps- hope u've got good socks too?

Mindy said...

Actually it's not that cold anymore. I can go out during the afternoons without a jacket. I even wore a dress here today.

I think I'm adjusting to the weather and the time zone here. But I still can't eat. I haven't gotten my appetite yet. My fridge has colleacted a few days of food until I don't bother to bring home leftoevers anymore.

jeanne said...

Did your dogs respond to your voice via webcam? It didn't work on my bf when i tried it at home last time. Since i got my connection now, can't wait to try it out! :)

Mindy said...

They were confused when the heard me but couldn't see me. Sparkled looked troubled. Russell ran and hid under the curtain. :)