Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wild Swans

I finally finished Wild Swans. The book tells the life story of 3 generations in China. Grandmother, mother and then the author. I've heard of the Cultural Revolution in China, but I had not idea how bad and how much the people in China suffered, physically and mentally.

Image from wikipedia

While reading the book, I can't remember how many times I would stop, turn to the hubby sitting next to me and say, "I'm so so so so so glad that our fore fathers decided to migrate out of China". I truly feel more appreciative towards the country I'm living in now. China, back then, was really a terribly country.

A must read, especially if you're Chinese.

5 comments:

yours truly said...

i wanna read it!!!
=D~~~
*poke poke* lend me pls, mindy jiejie....

i'm such a sucker for this genre..
>.<

Mindy said...

LOL... Sure... when you come back to Penang, drop by and I'll pass you the book.

Soo Huey said...

hmm... i nearly blogged 2 days ago. because of a boogie.

if i blog a *really, pathetically depressing* post, then it'd keep your boogie company and in comparison you'd at most look just equally depressed! will that make things better? :P

Mindy said...

You have just inspired me what to write for my next bloggy post. :)

I share the exact same hesitation as you. My problems with the family are too complicated for "normal" ppl to accept. I tried once or twice and the reaction I get back is a look of horror.

thefishdiary said...

this is the book you mentioned! yah, they don't have it here. will grab one from border this trip =) not sure if i can smuggle it to prc though o.O