Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"I'm so busy". That's how I start all my emails to my sister who is still in the faraway land of cowboys and super fattening food.

And lately, I've been so busy that I'm busy in my sleep. I would wake up in the middle of the night remembering an email I forgot to send at work, or suddenly remembering that I need to follow up with somebody about something. Then worry, worry, worry, toss and turn, worry, worry, worry, kick Sparkle down from the bed, worry some more, kick the snoring hubby to shut him up.... and after maybe an hour, I'd managed to fall asleep.

After watching Inception, I dreamed last night that I was in a dream, dreaming about another dream, then telling the hubby in the dream about that dream (Watch Inception, it's quite cool).

I need to take a break. I've got 35.5 days of leave. I fantasize about taking all my leave at one shot and running off to a faraway land full of pineapple malibu's under the sun. But somehow I still can't utilize my leave. I feel guilty about staying at home doing nothing. The hubby only had one thing to say to me about that. It starts with "dumb", ends with "ass". :)

Recently some things have been different for both the hubby and myself. A new experience for both of us, with no right or wrong solutions, only lots to learn. Hubby is back to being the super excited eager-to-change-the-world ikan billis who cannot wait to become an ikan kembung. As for me, sometimes I feel like a little cho-cho train huffing and puffing uphill, "I think I can, I think I can". Sometimes I'm a little cho-cho train going downhill instead. "I don't think can, I dont' think I can".

At the very least, the little cho-cho train continues trying. That counts for something right?

:)

5 comments:

Tan Shu-Yin said...

anyway, long time we didnt meet up dee. let's meet up after I come back from East Malaysia. :)

Tan Shu-Yin said...

"sometimes I feel like a little cho-cho train huffing and puffing uphill, "I think I can, I think I can". "

sounds familiar. u read before the book The Little Engine That Could?

Mindy said...

Yea, that's the little cho-cho train I'm talking about. :)

Sure, call me when you're back. Didn't know you are at (or going to) East M'sia.

Mindy said...

There's also a cartoon about the train... that's how I knew about it. :D

cylooi said...

yeah, I too have that sleep and suddenly wake up worry syndrom before. You just need to take time to get use to changing work content, soon you will be back normal. :)