Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

The love sick baby sister

Ahh... the baby sister is in love for the first time. I'm excited because the boy could be potentially my new baby brother-in-law. But it's strange, the baby sister is growing up.

I forgot what it's like to feel like a giggly love-sick puppy floating on clould 9. Hubby and I have been together for so long that it feels like ancient and dusty. But...... I enjoy my ancient dusty marriage. It's comfortable, it's annoying, it's wonderful, it's frustrating, it's the best thing in life to wake up next to the one you love. It's like wearing the ugliest grandma underwear knowing that it's okay because it's the most comfortable thing in the world and what's important is that it makes you so happweeeeeee.

Anyway, I'm going to interview the boy. I've been doing lots of interviews at work, so of course I have to interview this potential baby brother-in-law. For starters, he has to be tough to be able to join the family. If the hubby knew about my boogie family when he first met me, he would have run screaming in the opposite direction. (So Genny, the trick is to make the guy fall hopelessly in love with you, then throw him into Boogie Land and see whether he survives. If he does, he is then worthy to be certified Boogie-Proof)

Love-sick baby sisters keeps going on and on about the boy. She's so from a different generation as me. Her biggest concern now is how to "officially announce her relationship on facebook" *rolls my eyes*.

Apparent the boy is afraid of me. Hehehe... it's because I scared him on Facebook. I only told him to be prepared to answer a long list of questions from mua. Not that bad right? *evil laugher*.

Currently thinking of what I should ask the boy.... help me think of something ya....


P.s - to my kepochi friends who have known my sister since the days when she was still wearing the dark blue school uniform, the boy is the most recent person I added on facebook. Have to give him credit for being brave enough to add me on Facebook

P.p.s - BTW, I did ask the baby sister wheter I could blog about this, so it's not like I simply publish personal stuff about other people. (With the exception of the hubby though, he has come to accept that being married to me means that half of his life stories will end up on this blog, to the point that when his mum is about to nag him about something on the phone, he quickly covers the mouth piece and asks "Did you blog about this?". If no, it means he can confidently deny whatever his mum is nagging about, "No la, no la... I didn't lose anything during the world cup")

;)




11 comments:

thefishdiary said...

ohhh my. LIST of questions.
this reminds me of my recent "interview" experience.

berry the stressful. talk to u offline. (don't use them to torture the lucky boy though :P )

Soma said...

Owwww.... Genevie is in love :)
Happy for her. And you don't torture that boy with too many questions ya. After he lari before you can finish your list of questions... hehe...

Genny said...

haha.. hey, you know, we were both joking bout The Interview.. and he said he has to get all his academic certs from Penang to show you... haha... first-class honours guy leh.... hahahaa

Eh, but he's very nervous now.. Since you didn't reply his FB message... he's quite lurus wan, so don't torture him too much ah.... and make sure u goreng him ah, then tell me the details =D
Quickly reply him la, he keeps telling me "eh, ur sis still didn't reply me on FB... did i say the wrong thing to her"

hahaha =)

Mindy said...

Very busy ler, until can't find time to drink water. I need some time to properly come up with a list of questions to ask. These kind of things cannot be rushed.

Looi, if he weren't in Texas, I might ask him to do a presentation leh... maybe invite a few of you to attend, especially you since you are so good in interviewing ppl ;)

The boy is an i1. Very very very fresh. No prior experience. hahaha.

And I won't scare him la... Someone said I'm a very warm interviewer leh... I'm a nice person, I promise.

*evil laughter*

Mun Yi said...

Awww...Gen shouldn't worry too much since you've already acknowledged him as your baby brother in law. :)
But still be nice to the poor guy.

Mindy said...

I still didn't reply him on facebook yet. Busy. Good to keep in suspense anyway. And if he can't pass me, how is he going to pass Uncle Ninian? He would be torn into teeny weeny bits.

Oh and remember how yinhow bribed you with food when he was first introduced to you? What is your boy going to bribe me with? I want a roomba.

Genny said...

hahaha that's funny! i was just telling him the yin how bribing me story just now during lunchtime...

I was updating him about your busyness at work.. and then he was like "eh, so busy at work but can update blog?"
He thinks tat u don't wanna talk to him... he failed interview before even getting to try? =)

i think ur link is somewhere on FB.. maybe he'll find his way to ur blog one day.. =D

Mindy said...

That's because I need time to think of the interview questions ma. Anyway, I've just sent it to him. :D

Genny said...

yea.. he called me this morning.... and he was like...

"Good morning Genny"
.....
.....
"Who is Uncle Ninian?"

hahahaha =) uncle ninian is gonna have so much more fun than u in the interviewing process, lol... btw, do he n auntie jen know yet? i haven't told them yet.. i'm gonna email them.

Rosangela said...

Hi, I happened to visit your blog and I did enjoy reading your post. I am an English teacher in Brazil and I love reading native writers.Nice blog! Congratulations! Rosangela http://quemvcompra.blogspot.com

Genny said...

hehe, how u know it's him? i was joking with him that u can't read chinese.. =D

yay, u've stopped calling him The Boy.. is that acknowledgment?

Ooo tell me how he did in The Interview ah.. email me privately, don't let Kelvin hear.. *whisper whisper*
=D