Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

The sister and the goodies are back in Penang

I've got so many things to blog about but couldn't find the time. But I have to blog before I go off to KL later. My blogging fingers are itchy. And I'm so glad I'm going to KL later. I can't wait to see you girls!!!!!

Picked up my sister from the airport. The boyfriend immediately went over to give her a hug but was intercepted by Uncle Ninian. The boy didn't get the chop of approval yet, so no holding hands yet.

The baby sister looked babier than usual. And if not babyish enough, she gets a boyfriend who looks like a baby as well. They looked look two little kids giggling in puppy love.

Ai..... I feel old. And if I feel old, Uncle Ninian feels ancient.

There was of course the dreaded interview. For all the big talk that the hubby was saying before, he was very very quiet during the interview over dinner. He didn't ask the boy any questions. I think the hubby was just sitting there thanking God, his lucky stars, and his fairy god mother that it wasn't him being interviewed.

I had a super fun time during dinner watching the two baby lovebirds squirm at each question Uncle Ninian shot them. And hard questions they were (e.g. what's the difference between being in love with a person and loving a person?). :P

The baby sister surprised me by buying a Nook for me. I love my Nook. I've being showing it of to everybody. I bring my Nook everywhere I go now. Now I'm tempted to get an iPad after seeing the one my sister got for Uncle Ninian (Dear hubby, somebody's birthday is coming).

She bought me a Coach bag as well. I like the bag though I probably won't appreciate the brand as much as others would. I only heard of the brand Coach when I was in the U.S. and my Penang colleague dragged me to the Coach outlet shop screaming, "Coach!!!!:"

And of course there's the Roomba. Everybody wants to hear about the Roomba after months of me blogging about it. Yes, baby Roomba is back at home. The dogs were terrified of the strange moving object and every time baby Roomba went near them, they would run away. I was absolutely fascinated by it. It was some kind of magical device sent from the heavens above to clean my dirty floors.


Anyway, baby Roomba ran out of battery and needed to eat. I happily plugged in the adapter and a second later.... bang!!!!.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I killed my Roomba's source of energy.

I didn't realized I had to get a voltage converter and I fried the adapter. So Roomba's dead right now. (I told this to my boss just now during an interview session and he was doing all he could not to burst into laughter in front of the interviewee)


The sister's boy is going to fix it for me. If he brings Roomba back to life, he's going to get lots of bonus bonus points from me. I'm so Roomba depressed right now. :(


Oh, and it's super strange to have my sister bring her boy back to Bayswater. They hung around the living room for a while, went into her bedroom and the door was almost closed. I'm the super cool big sister who is opened minded about everything.... but a teeny weeny bit of me was thinking, what is my baby sister doing in the room with her boy?

I wonder whether they have kissed yet... been so busy that I haven't asked this question for a while. :P

0 comments: