Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The land of A Famosa

We reached Melacca in the morning. When you think of Melacca, you think of A Famosa. So of course we went to A Famosa first. By lunch time, I sent the hubby a sms saying that I don't wanna go back to Melacca again. I guess I'm just not into sweating under the sun to look at a small stony old building. If I wanna sweat and look at old buildings, I can do it in Penang.

Found a cool little resort by the beach, checked in, chilled out by the beach with little Nook. Then it was time to go to Jonker Walk.

By late afternoon I sent the hubby another sms. This time I told him that he has got to come down to Melacca because I've just tasted the most AMAZING cendol ever!!! The cendol was so good, we went back the next day again.



Oh Jonker cendol, after tasting you, how do you expect me to settle for Penang road cendol? It just won't do it for me anymore.



The nonya laksa was seriously good as well. So so so so yummy......

I found Melacca very pretty. I enjoyed the boat ride and the pretty buildings along the river. I wish Penang had rivers that don't accidentally get mistaken as giant drains. And I love Jonker walk and all the wonderful things to see there. Reminds me a lot of Kuta in Bali.

I was eating non-stop because there were just so many different food stalls to try out. Kept getting distracted and stopping at each stall. I just get so excited when I see food. If I had a little tail like Sparkle, my butt would be wagging the whole time in excitement.

And as usual, it was great to have a little holiday with 3 other awesome girls.


Oh, and I'm almost sure that the state government of Melacca secretly belongs to Mamee (you know, the Mamee monster brand). They rule Melacca, you know. If you have been to Melacca, you'll understand. :)

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Hahaha... i had a feeling that my spelling was incorrect but was too lazy to check cos I was sleepy and wanted to quickly finish blogging :P

Mindy said...

BTW, the typo is not as funny as your typo about you eating praying mantis. hehehehehe...

Pig said...

I didnt think that the cendol was that good tho.. hmm.. Maybe I should just go back there again and try it out. Afterall, I lost my 2GB memory card there :(

Mindy said...

I loved the gula melaka they use in the cendol. so yummy.. so so yummy...