Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2009

And the journey begins

Warning, boring post ahead. You can skip reading this. I don't care. I need to write something down while waiting to board the plane. When there's nobody to talk to, talk to the bloggy.

I'm so so so sleepy. My yawns are getting louder and louder and I'm pretty sure the people beside me are starting to hear it. How am I going to survive a 15 hour flight to HK? Ai....

I actually enjoy travelling alone. When tired, I just want to shut up and yawn my eyes out.

Sigh... another 45 minutes to go.

**Update**
In HK airport now. The Macro Polo lounge is nice. And I had two rounds of dimsum and moi and 3 cups of tauchui. Oh how I miss Chinese food. :)

I keep forgetting I'm in the same time zone as Penang now. Keep trying to calculate the time zone difference to see whether Yin How is awake.

Oh, and I watched the Traveller's Wife on the plane. Why did they have to change the ending? I felt the ending in the book completed the story so well, but they had to change it in the movie. Don't watch the movie. Not very good.

**Update**
Had to transit in KL at the under-utilized KLIA. And I'm finally home. Can't believe I once thought that a 4 1/2 hours bus ride to KL is long. Try traveling for 24 hours.

Currently desperately trying to stay awake. Don't want to sleep too early and end up waking at 4 in the morning.

Must be strong... must be strong...

I don't think i can do it. I'm falling asleep even while typing this.

Nite nite.

4 comments:

chiaoju said...

oh! they are showing it on the plane d? they change the ending? did he lose his time travel ability and is now with the wife and they live happily ever after?

well, i was planning to watch. if it's not good, i'll probably just get the DVD. hmm... thanks for the heads up! =)

Tan Shu-Yin said...

i love the marco polo lounge as well. if i remember correctly, they serve free haagen daz icecreams. go to the bar n ask for it. i brought it on the plane as well. hehe

Mindy said...

they don't live happily ever after. but they changed the way they met for the last night. In the book, that part made me cry.

SY, i remmber you mentioned haagen daz but i couldn't find any. But i was there at 7am and the noodle bar wasn't really open yet. they only had breakfast.

Mindy said...

Wow... 50 hours of traveling would be horrible! But I guess it's worth it for whatever you get to experience over there. The U.S. is an interesting country. :)