Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The day in the year again

Every year around this time, I'll get the following questions

Before 17th Nov: What is your hubby planning for you birthday?
After 17th Nov: What did your hubby get for your birthday?

This year, people could not accept what I told them.

"On my birthday, my hubby took me to Queensbay food court and I ate porridge"

Uncle Ninian went into a fit of laughter, "Ohhhhh, he is going to be in so much trouble later".
Some replied, "And then???"
Others couldn't accept it, "Tell la, surely got something"



Well, there was once this little girl who adored her birthday. This was the day she felt like the most special person in the world, the day when she felt her parents would love her a little more than usual.

That little girl grow up and realized that she already has all the love she needs and everything she wants. She doesn't need to wait for that one day a year to feel special, or to celebrate, or to receive something she wants. Why does she need to wait when she can get that anytime of the year.

Either that, or I'm just moody that I'm getting older.

Of course, everything above is applicable except the following situation,

If the hubby forgets to buy a birthday card, HE WILL DIE!!!!!

So the hubby survives another one of my birthday. I love the hubby. :D


(BTW, one year of eating porridge on my birthday is acceptable, but not two years in a row ya!~ Also, one year missing a birthday present means the next year I get a bigger birthday present ah. )

2 comments:

Tan Shu-Yin said...

haha. so means he did get u a bday card after all. well, better than ntg.
there are many years where i really get ntg from hubby for my bday! :)

Pig said...

Haha..Moral of the Post: Read the fine prints

Happy Belated B'day! :)