Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Back to the 90's

After watching Mama Mia, I suddenly wanted to listen to Oldies. I started with the 6o's Oldies channel, listening to songs from the 60's, a lot which I've never heard before. I switched to the Super 70's channel and started grooving to the BeeGees, ABBA and other artist from that era. After a while I got bored, and I switched to the Awesome 80's channel. The songs from this era started sounding a bit more familiar to me but still didn't really suit my taste, so I switched channels again.


This time I tried the 90's Pop channel. And I have to tell you, a sudden tidal wave of memories came rushing in. I grew up in the 90's and listening to music from that era brought me back to my teenybopper days. I was smiling like an idiot everytime a song which I used to love during those days was playing.

I still can remember when I was 13 or 14, I bought Jasmine a BackStreet Boys video cassette tape (those big bulky ones) for her birthday. We had a sleepover at her place and we played the tape in her living room. I remember us 3 of us young teenage girls screaming our heads off in her living room whenever Nick Carter appeared in the video. The BackStreet Boys during those days were every teenyboppers dream. Looking back, it seems sooooooo hillarious.

Other songs which brought a rush of memories were Britney Spear's songs from the days when she was still innocent. Can you even recognize her in the album cover below?




Another song which made me smile like an idiot, was Ricky Martin's, "Shake Your Bon-Bon". I remember that song was played in the farewell party we had after SPM, the one in Crown Prince hotel (I think) and we went crazy on the dance floor when that song was played.


Another one I remember is Aqua, "I'm a Barbie Girl". I found that song so hillarious.

"I'm a barbie girl, in a barbie world.
Life in plastic, it's fantastic!
You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere,
Imagination, life is your creation!
Come on Barbie, let's go party! "


And do you remember The Moffats? Don't remeber? Watch the vidoe below to refresh your memory. I remember that Mei Ying and Bee Shin would keep singing this song whenever there was a free period in class. I guess The Moffats were the "Jonas Brothers" of our time. LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1pABjF7WfE

I remember other songs from Roxette, Nsync, 98 Degrees, Hanson, TLC, Five, Spice Girls (Oooo, i used to love them)... boy and girl bands used to be so popular back then. And there were the great singers like Toni Braxton, Mariah Carrey, Celine Dion, Bon Jovi.


Looking back, I really had a great time during schooldays. So many good memories that I shall write of my teenybopper days in another post. Until then.... enjoy this!~~


3 comments:

Genny said...

haha.. i remember those days, when i was a little kid, the typical little sister who always thought "My big sis and her teenage friends are so cooooool" and i used to follow you around and annoy you =D

Catherine said...

hahaha I miss you like crazy is a great song..and i still love it! :P

jeanne said...

ahaha... this post makes me smile :)

miss them, love them! Share more Mindy~~ :)