Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Bali love

Overall I found Bali breathtakingly beautiful. Unless they are trying to sell you something, the people there are generally nice (though some were a little intimidating). I love how simple and beautiful their life is. So rich in culture and religion.



When I was there, I didn't have access to the internet, nor did I watch any TV. I felt so free, so disconnected from everything. I did not have the need to check my email or my facebook or my twitter. Every morning, I woke up before the alarm clock went off at 7am and listened to the sounds of the birds chirping.



This was truly a holiday. I wish I had one more day to just chill out by the beach with a book in my hand. It felt so wonderful just to enjoy the simple joys of life. Eating, relaxing and sleeping. And to enjoy the natural beauty of Bali. The only stressful part of the trip was driving without a proper map and no GPS. I have never seen Soma so stressed out before. But still, it was an adventure. ;)



Took me some time to face the reality of going back to work. I suddenly felt that it was so quiet at work, everybody isolated in their own cubicles doing their own thing. I'm wondering... is being isolated in a cubicle for 10 hours a day, is that really called living life?



I sometimes wish that I could have the simple life without the unnecessary stress we tend to create for ourselves. However, I will never have the guts to try that out. And I think that after a while, I'll become restless. So maybe some stress in life is required for me. I tend to get bored easily and having some kind of stress keeps me occupied and moving forward.



I'm glad I got the chance to go to Bali with 3 other fabulous girls. It was something we wanted to do since we were school kids and decided we had to do it now before one of us starts popping out babies.

I know Yin How would love Bali, but that guy has decided he doesn't like traveling. I don't dare if I have to drag his skinny ass all the way to Bali, I'm definitely going there one day again with him. :)

Will blog more about the wonderful villa and the spa later.

4 comments:

Soma said...

I loved every moment I had in Bali thanks to you 3 girls and also Bali's breathtaking beauty.
And girls about me being stressed (which doesn't happen often), was bcos I was tired and hungry and we were lost in Kuta, of all places(damn geram). I thought we would get lost going to Tirtha Empul or Tanah Lot. Other tan that, Bali was a beauty ad we girls rocked in Bali :)

Mindy said...

You were also stressed out on the way to Tanah Lot when we had no idea whether we were on the right road and with no map to follow. We all stressed out I think, until we finally reached the road signs. :P

MY Public Mutual Experience said...

I think once we reached our destination, the stress was all worth it. Well, except for Tirtha Empul. <3 Soma and Jas for doing all the driving. It was certainly super stressful with the traffic there and chasing after the Sun. LOLz that was certainly an experience.

cylooi said...

Agree, reality is just so bit*h. I hope some day I can end up living a simple life on a nice island.