Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Thank you

I just wanna say a big thank you to those to made the effort to either go to the hospital or who messaged me to let me know they would donate if they could. I've realized that it's actually not easy to find blood donors. I always assumed that there are so many people out there. If I don't donate, somebody else will.

But when it's your turn who needs blood, you'll realize that not everybody can donate. And most people will give the excuse of being afraid to donate. I being one of them before this.

But watching the patients in the ICU fight for their lives, I am very ashamed of myself that my excuse of not donating before is because I'm afraid of a needle. What's a needle in comparison to fighting death?

I went to the ICU to visit my grandpa again. Usually they only allow two visitors per patient at one time. When I entered, I saw a crowd of more than 10 people around the patient next to my grandpa. They were crying and wailing and calling out to that patient. I guess they were there to say their last goodbyes. I felt so sad for them. So so so sad.

I can't imagine what it's like to be a patient in the ICU, already being so near to death, and having to listen to the sounds of death around you. Made me feel like all the problems in life which we usually complain about is so meaningless in comparison.

1 comments:

chiaoju said...

hey mindy, is there a need for more blood? i was planning to go on Friday when my you-know-what came. but i am a blood donor and i'll be more than happy to help. let me know? i can go this week if there is still a need. take care.