Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hachiko

Oh and I watched Hachi last night. I've heard of the true story of a dog in Japan waiting at the train station for his master who died to come back everyday day for 9 years, but I didn't know a movie was made out of it until I read chioju's blog.




I cried so so so so so badly during the show especially when Hachi was so old, he could barely walk but he still made his way to the same stop at the train station, still waiting for his master to come back after 9 years. I've never cried so much for a movie. The last time I cried this much was for Marley and Me (the book, not the movie, the movie wasn't that great).

The hubby thinks it's silly to cry for movies (in fact he thinks it's silly to cry for any reason) and I could sense he was doing everything within his will power to refrain himself from teasing me while I was sobbing my eyes out during the movie.

I suddenly wanna go and get an Akita now. I seriously doubt Russell would be so loyal to me. That dog will choose a hotdog over me any day. ;)

This is an article about the real Hachi.

3 comments:

Tan Shu-Yin said...

i watched the movie too about a mth or so ago. Cried a lot too altho im not so much a dog-lover like u. It's really very touching. Sometimes dogs can be way better than a human. They are much simpler.

I just cant take care of them. Shern is enought for me ;P

chiaoju said...

oh hachi. i cried most badly as well. so bad, my eyes felt like they were going to pop out.

hey, there's this new book, known as A Dog's Purpose. look for it. i think u may just like that book. =)

Genny said...

ooo i remember talking about this story during my english presentation. Don't dare to watch this movie, i will surely cry wan hehe.