Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

The weekend

Weekend didn't go quite as what I expected. The PC fair was a huge disappointment. I assumed that it would have good laptop deals. However when I got there, I found that the price they were quoting was RM400 more expensive than what is offered online.

"Miss, you cannot get a bargain better than this elsewhere, we throw in 20 different freebies and you get a lucky draw free holiday as well"

"You are directly from Dell right? Why is the price here RM400 more expensive than what you offer online?"

"No, miss, it's not more expensive"

First of all, don't lie to a customer, we do our own research okay. Secondly, if you are planning to lie to a customer, make sure you are prepared with your facts.

I took out Yin How's wonderful Blackberry and showed her the Dell website stating a price RM400 cheaper with exactly the same specs. The salesgirl had nothing to say and called her supervisor and passed the Blackberry to him. He looked at the price online and said, "Oh, that is for online purchase. This is for cash and carry," and just walked away.

So that's his only explanation of me having to pay RM400 extra for that?

PC fair really cheat people wan okay. If I didn't do my own research beforehand, I would have thought I'd gotten the best deal there. Went back sooooo disappointed. Thought I would be carrying a laptop home. :(

Anyway, I made the purchase online. So I'm a happy girl again. :)

0 comments: