Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Appendectomy

I've got 3 patches on my body.

Was wondering why so I googled it. Found that I had a laparoscopic appendectomy surgery. They made an incision under my belly button to put a video camera in there. Then they made two more incisions where they inserted their surgical tools to snip of my appendix.

My belly button looks freakishly distorted right now. And it's not healing very well. So sad....

Was also wondering why I had a bad shoulder pain on my right and why my belly is so bloated until now. At first I thought the shoulder pain was because I was sore from being mostly in bed for the first two days. And I thought my belly is bloated because it's swollen.

After I googled it, I found that the shoulder pain and bloated belly is because during surgery, they inflated my abdomen with carbon dioxide. It's gonna take a while for my belly to deflate.

I realized my doctor didn't explain much to me. I had to google it myself. Where would we all be without Google. :)

2 comments:

Cy said...

Hmmm.. it is hard to imagine what the doctor do to the patient once they are on the operating table. I have seen a liposucktion surgery in Discovery channel, and wonder if one really need a MD degree to perform it.

Mindy said...

Oh yea, I was farting a lot a day after the surgery. Not much now.

The doctors don't really take the time to explain stuff. They just rush with the diagnosis so that they attend to the next patient.

I saw a liposuction surgery documentary as well. That was gross. I went on youtube to see an appendectomy surgery as well.