Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Sickling weakling

I'm a little more cheerful today. For obvious reason, because it's Friday of course!

And also because I only woke up once last night coughing. For the past few nights I was waking up to 10 times coughing my lungs out. Kept waking up the hubby who once while still asleep (he didn't remember this the next day), wrapped me in the duvet and put a pillow on top of my face murmuring, "it will help keep you warm". I was already sweating from all the coughing and I highly doubt smothering my face with a pillow would help much with my coughing (I suspect he wanted to use the pillow to muffle my loud coughing instead).

I hate being sick. I shall never boast to others about not being sick for a long time. After I did that, I fell sick twice in the past one month. And those whom I previously boasted to are saying "Ha-ha" (Homer Simpson style).

But being sick does have its advantages... sometimes. Just cough pathetically and look as miserable as you possibly can in front of the boss, hoping to get some sympathy and if you're lucky maybe even a "Go home if you need to".

When you don't want people to disturb you, have a coughing fit in front of them when they ask you for something,  so bad until you lose your voice making it obvious that it's painful just to speak and then croak, "You want me to do what again?" That will scare them enough to stop coming to your cube asking for this and that.

But then they'll chase you using instant messaging instead.

And best of all, it's the only time I get to be pampered by the hubby getting him to do things for me by just giving him goo-goo eyes saying, "But I'm sick" followed by some coughing, even though I'm perfectly fine to walk to the kitchen myself to get the cough syrup and don't necessary need him to spoon feed me.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm getting better. And getting better usually is accompanied by cravings for all the good food I've been missing out. Like Nasi Lemak... laksa... KFC... cendol... mmmm...... much to the disapproval of the hubby who will say with one eyebrow raised, "I thought you said are still sick?"

Well, being sick sometimes can be selective in certain conditions right?. ;)

2 comments:

Soma said...

Min, I cried till my eyes filled with tears after reading ur first paragraph.
That's what i do to Raj when he snores very loudly.
hehehehe.... can't stop laughing

cylooi said...

Agree! sick can sometime turns to recovery (when you are eating KFC) and turn bad (when you need to do house works). Get well soon!! :D