Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Paradise is waiting

Sigh... I'm getting lazy. I used to be so into my aerobics. But lately, I keep skipping them. There's always an excuse. Busy with work, sick, busy with work, got my period, busy with work. Skipped again today. :P

Need to start my aerobics again ler. Need to get my tummy nice and flat again instead of soft and squishy. Got 4 more weeks to do so before my Bali trip.

I know I mentioned that I wanted make a Bali baby, but my real intention of going to Bali is to wear a bikini on an island paradise before my flat tummy is lost forever. It's one of the items on my "Things to do before getting a baby" list.

Hubby not required for the bikini item, so I'm dumping him and going off to paradise with the girls instead. Woo hoo!

I already bought my hot little bikini (I'm sorry for not waiting for you, Mun, I really couldn't resist). I'm so excited about it, wish I could wear it everywhere. Might even be excited enough to go down to the swimming pool downstairs to fulfill my "use-the-swimming-pool-at-least-once-a-year" quota just so that I can have an excuse to wear it.

I know lots of you have given wonderful suggestions via Twitter on what to do and where to stay in Bali. But if you have any other suggestions to add, do let me know. :)

13 comments:

chiaoju said...

just remember watching out for ur belongings when visiting uluwatu. monkeys there are just NASTY! and i think our botanical garden monkeys are way better looking (though i hate them) than 'em uluwatu monkeys.

remember to eat babi guling! it's the bomb. =)

and if u gals are up for spa, i heard it's really good. i'm not a massage/spa person, so i ended up sleeping in the hotel alone. *teehee*.

diving is awesome.

i want to go back and try surfing. no time to do it the last time. =P

okie -- i think that's pretty much it. standard places of visit, i'm sure u know d. =)

Mindy said...

Thanks for the tips. You went diving? As in snorkeling or really diving diving with the scuba gear and all?

I already checked out the spas online. They are so much cheaper than the ones here. Definitely going for at least one when i'm there.

And i'll be sure to look out for the monkeys. I'm terrified of them after my sister told me she was once surrounded by a gang of monkeys and one rushed up to her and bit here. @.@

Pig said...

I have no suggestion cos I havent been there..but I have a request.. Can share your itinerary ar?? :D hehe..

Mindy said...

Hehe, sure. I'll share out my itinerary once I'm back from Bali. Still in the process of hunting for hotels...

chiaoju said...

diving diving. like real diving. =) i took my license in Malaysia back in 2007 so i decided to explore 2 of the dive sites there. saw those huge manta rays. it was awesome. but u can still go snorkeling if u want to. or try that discover scuba thing - where u get to wear all those gears and they'll give u a quick crash course and guide u down.

it really is pretty awesome. =)

Mindy said...

Looi, at least i went for half an hour today. :P

Maxine, thanks a lot for your suggestion. The hotel looks awesome! But unfortunately it's a little over our budget (we already booked a villa with a private pool for the first night so have to find a budget hotel for the next two nights to stay within budget). :)

Anonymous said...

oh a private villa with a pool. that is awesome! have a good time! if you are going sightseeing dont forget to visit the Garuda Wishnu Kencana.

Maxine

Mindy said...

Will look up that place as well. Thanks. :)

We are currently planning our itinerary there. I wanna go to uluwatu but a lot of ppl say the monkeys are scary, so I'm a bit hesitant.

Soo Huey said...

mindy, are u goin to find that medicine woman in eat love pray?

Mindy said...

Hehe, maybe i should. And that old guy as well. :P

Soo Huey said...

ooohh... u mean the brazillian? i don't remember the story much anymore, but didnt he move elsewhere in the end?

Mindy said...

No.. not the Brazilian guy. the old man whom she would often visit. She would teach him english and he would teach her about life. something like that. I can't really remember the story much too. :P

Soo Huey said...

oh.. that guy. eh, i think that guy tipu ppl's money wan lar. prey on white women who have money n desperate to find peace/themselves. i don't think u fit in any category, so no point visiting him.