Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

What attracts a woman?

A couple of days ago, I was talking with a friend about how to "kau lui" (court a girl). When I was asked how to tell whether a girl is attracted to a guy, I suddenly went blank.

Being with the same man for the last 10 years this was something that happened so long ago. The hubby and I have officially entered the "boring married couple" stage but have yet to enter the "I'm-sick-to-death-with-you" stage. I know this for a fact because when I have horny dreams at night, the hubby is still the main star in the dream... and not some other fantasy guy yet. Since I can't control what I dream, that has to be proof that I'm still attracted to the hubby right? ;)

After being blank for a while, I tried to recall how Yin How attracted me. Usually when I do this, only 2 flashbacks appear.

Flashback number 1
Yin How snatching my photo from my hand, then calling me back at night to say I looked fat. (And I don't think he ever gave me back that photo).

Flashback number 2
Yin How throwing stones at me outside the lecture hall to get my attention.

Yes, that's how my dear future hubby courted me 10 years ago. But when I think back about the other guys did, I can't remember much. However 10 years later, I still remember what the hubby did (and still can feel the geram-ness).

Which leaves to me conclude, girls find naughty boys attractive.

At least for younger girls. Why? Because they are never boring. Take a look of how many "good girl falls in love with bad boy, then proceeds to mold bad boy into good boy for marrying potential" movies out there. 


Anyway, I've compiled a list which I think makes a man attractive. However, what attracts me may not be attractive to other girls. So girls, if you anything to add, please do so.

  1. Must be confident in himself but not arrogant
  2. Must be able to make her laugh
  3. I personally get attracted to a guy who likes to tease a girl now and then (in a non-insulting way of course). It makes the relationship more fun.
  4. Must have a direction/goal in his life
  5. Able to look after himself, doesn't expect the woman to do all the chores. Plus plus points for a guy who knows how to cook.
  6. Kind to animals (because if you're kind to animals, chances are you will probably be kind-hearted in general).
  7. Knows how to look good, but must not be vain having more beauty products than me.
  8. Must not be too sentimental. I'll get really worried if the guy I'm with cries more than me. @.@
  9. A typical guy who enjoys sports and other guy-ish stuff. A manly kind of guy.
The thing that still attracts me is the hubby's cheeky smile. I adore that. But sometimes I find it annoying. Like the time when my mother-in-law bought a very very very auntie-ish-looking pair of slacks for someone, the hubby lied to me and said that his mum bought it for me.

I.... was.... horrified!  @.@

She asked me whether it looked nice, and through my frozen smile I squeaked out, "Yes, auntie, it looks very nice!" (Eh, all daughter-in-laws lie to their mother-in-laws okay so don't judge!). She replied, "You like it ah... I bought this for xxxx wan. I'll go back and buy one for you."

Stupid Yin How was giggling silently in the corner. If looks could kill, he would have been dead by then.
    Also, another thing I find. A guy can't be tooo nice to a girl, or she will take you for granted and might see you as a brother. However, you must still treat her good to make her feel special. Kinda complicated right? What do you think?

    0 comments: