Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I love Ikea

I don't dare to go online to check my credit card bill statement. I know it's gonna be a lot. Because I went shopping in KL. Honestly, I don't know how KL people can save money. There's just so many things to buy.

This is the first time Yin How and I went down to KL together since we moved into Bayswater. So the very first place we went to was Ikea. And we went again before we left. Ate the RM2 hotdog twice. Should have ate more :P

We were throwing stuff into the basket like it didn't cost anything. Keeping telling myself, it's not like I can go to Ikea when I'm back in Penang so better to buy it now. My little Kelisa was stuffed with so many things until I had to squeeze into the passenger seat in a very uncomfortable position.

When I reached home and looked at the stuff I bought, I was thinking, "crap.. i shouldn't have bought this...", "oh no, i can't use that...". Ikea has turned me into an irrational spending monster. Despite that, after looking through the catalog again, there were a lot of, "Oh no, I should have bought that... darn why didn't I see that..." Almost felt like going down to KL to go to Ikea again.

Though I always wish there is an Ikea in Penang, I think it's better that it doesn't come here. Else I'm going to be so darn broke every month. Though, I would have a very wonderful home with lots of wonderful stuff. Sigh....

7 comments:

Catherine said...

haha..totally with u on this, i kena a lot before especially when i moved to a new place :P

try the karipap nxt time, cheap and nice! ;)

Tan Shu-Yin said...

i wanna go ikea too. i wanna buy the DVD rack i alwiz see in ikea's catalogue. i cant find cheap and nice DVD rack in pg to store all my DVDs.

Mindy said...

If anyone is going to Ikea, let me know... i still have stuff to buy la... :(

Jasmine said...

I think Ikea has that affect on everyone. I love going there.

Well, what else do you need babe? If it's not too big I can get it for you when I come back to Penang next.

Mindy said...

Cool... I'll let you know... I do want to buy a chest of drawers but that's way too big to carry back on the bus... :P other stuff I want are mostly small accessories... :)

Jasmine said...

Ok, a chest of drawers is pushing it babe. I love you but not that much as to bring a chest of drawers back in a bus. :) But the rest I can. Email me what you need, or should I say want... :)

Mindy said...

LOL... just trying my luck... Anyway, by the time you come back to Penang, my Ikea mania would probably die down already... ;)