Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

More bad news

Damn hungry right now. Drinking water to reduce the hunger pangs (something that Ian taught me to do now that he is in cost cutting mode hehehe).

Received bad news today. No salary increment for this year.

SOB!~~~~~~

Oh well, kinda expected it since all MNCs are not doing well. 2009 looks grim. Bad news everywhere. I'm just grateful I still have a job without any pay cut yet. And I'm grateful that I still get a free cup of Milo every morning. I think I'd be more upset if they decide to take away the beverage making machine. I'll cry. I need my daily cup of milo to function.

Baby making plans (if any) have been postponed until further notice. A baby is just to darn expensive. Initially was planning to have our honeymoon this year but scrapped that idea as well. Don't want to spend unnecessary.

Oh and apparently the world may be ending in year 2012. It's another one of those end of world predictions. Heard it on the radio this morning. Google December 21 2012 if you're curious. :P

2 comments:

Ian said...

Aduh, looks like you and QF really took me seriously with regards to my cost-cutting-mode huh. :) Anyway, it's more of a test to see if I'm eating unnecessarily TOO MUCH. :)

As for the bad news, ya, came as a shock when I saw the news, but then, things could be worse, so, I'm counting my blessings now. Moreover, experience from 2001 reminds me things can definitely be worse.

Mun Yi said...

CNY is always special to me coz it marks a new beginning. I always look forward to CNY as it gives me hope for a better year ahead.

As childish as this may sound, I choose to believe that when we only focus on the bleakness of the coming year, all we will see is darkness. Approach the new year with hope and the light in your heart will lead you out of the dark.

Happy CNY. May hope for a better year be in all of us.