Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Will I be missed?

I’m so stuck at a software bug for a feature I wish they would just obsolete. Anyway, need to release some geram-ness by blogging about some stuff.

I will be going away next week for a 2 week business trip. When I first told Yin How, he said, “Go longer la”. I asked whether he would miss me, just answer yes or no, but he refused to reply. Yin How would never admit to such an “un-macho” thing. He had already started planning to

  1. Go to Genting with his buddies
  2. Celebrate his friends birthday
  3. Have a steamboat for CNY at home and invite all his colleagues over
  4. Go back to Butterworth to stay with his parents
  5. Let Russell sleep beside him on the bed (which I do not allow)
  6. Bla bla bla...

Of course, he can’t do most of the above because he can’t leave the dogs alone overnight. But still… he was excitedly planning all sorts of things to do while I’m away. I felt so unmissed, and I wasn’t even gone yet.

Then yesterday, when he was in the bedroom and I was in the toilet, he suddenly said in a very small voice, “What am I going to do for 2 weeks? What am I going to eat for 2 weeks?”

I smiled to myself. I know he will miss me. :)

4 comments:

Naughty-Ian said...

Ha, I'm very sure BOTH of you will miss each other (and don't forget the question I'm going to ask you when you are there hahahaha)! :)

Anyway, Mindy, don't worry, the team and I will DEFINITELY be missing you hahahahahahaha!

Mindy said...

Yea, I think I'll miss him more. It's not fair, why does the girl usually miss the guy more?

Maybe i'll bring home some leftover 'Animal Style' fries for you, Mun. :)

Jas, we have to meet up ya. Soma will be back in Penang next week as well.

Cy said...

Hee... Can't leave comment in your next blog.... :)

Everything happen for a reason and it is always for the better.

Happy Chinese New year.

Catherine said...

Aiks, can't comment in ur latest post..
anyway look on the bright side, now u and yin how dont have to be separated for 2 whole weeks :)

Happy CNY ya!