Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Stopping for a moment to think

I'm in the office now and it's so freaking quiet. The only thing I can hear is the sound of me typing on my keyboard.

Yesterday I saw something that shocked and disturbed me. If I were a superstitious Chinese, this would be absolutely the worst thing to see on the second day of CNY. I'm going to stop complaining about how much I hate CNY. Someone else's CNY is way worst than mine. I have no right to complain.

When pissed about something, rant all you want, get it out of your system, then shut up and move on. Life is just to short to dwell on unimportant things.

If you knew that this hour would be your last, what would you do? Or if you knew that next week would be your last week? Or this month would be your last?

Would you tell your love ones that you love them? Would you hug them and never let go? Would only do the things that truly make yourself happy? Would you eat to your hearts content? Would you watch the last sunrise? Would you smile, stand still and just enjoy the moment while it last?

Or would you be working overtime on a job which gives no shit about you? Spending your last hours on something which you don't want to do but have to do? Worrying about how your investment portfolio would look like for the next few months? Remain pissed off about something unimportant? Whine that your butt looks too fat?

We always complain that we have no time. But it's ironic that if told that this hour would be the last hour in life, probably we would find the time to do all we really need to do.

Problem is that life always has it's sharp turns. And sometimes we move so fast in life and miss those turns.

And then it's too late.

2 comments:

jinggy said...

ya lor the office is so quiet. and the morning traffic was so smooth it felt kinda strange! heh happy cny! :)

Mindy said...

I wish that everyday traffic would be smooth, empty parking lots will be plentiful and the coffee making machine will be all mine to use. :)

Happy CNY to you too!~