Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

Please forgive my handphone

I was shopping with Mun Yi and Shu-Yin for something for Yin How and I wasn't sure whether he would like it. They asked me take a photo of it but I didn't bring a camera. Both of them turned and looked at me like I was dumb and replied at the same time, "Use your camera phone la!" like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Excuse me but my handphone is old la... no bluetooth, no mp3 player, no 3g. Though it does have a very blur tiny camera. They insisted that I took a photo with it and laughed when they saw how pathetic and unrecognizable the photo looked.

I refuse to buy a new handphone yet. Why? Because

  1. I feel no pain when the handphone drops
  2. I don't even notice when there are new scratches in my handphone, they just blend in with all the existing scratches and teeth marks signed personally by my dogs
  3. I don't worry when I accidentally leave my handphone overnight in the office... nobody would want it
  4. I don't feel sakit hati when I see a newer better more recent handphone model on sale - almost every phone now is better then mine
  5. And when people cannot reach me I can just say, "It's my handphone's fault"

But course, if I can get hold onto an iPhone, forget what I said above. I'll throw my handphone away in a second.

I know that some of you find calling me on my handphone extremely frustrating. It's either dead, or I don't pick up the handphone. And usually if you send me a sms, I might not reply until a day later. Sometimes I don't realize my handphone has been dead for days because it was burried and forgotten in my handbag and when I turn it on, I get a flood of sms coming in,

"Mindy, you wanna have dinner this Sunday?" Oppss.. read it on Monday.
"Mindy, please bring a camera to work tmrw". Opsss, tomorrow is today already.
"Mindy, wanna meet up at coffee bean at 9.30pm?". Opsss, read it at 9.20pm.
"Mindy, why you always don't pick up your phone wan" Ok... sensing frustration, better call back immediately.

SORRY SORRY SORRY... my old handphone is dying so please be patient ya. :( You can always call Yin How in case of emergency right?. :)

10 comments:

Mun Yi said...

Do you fall in love with your phone each time you assemble the dropped pieces back together and it beeps back to life?

I do. Coz my Nokia beeps back to life everytime. Maybe it has some help from my Digi yellow man too. *wink*

^_^

Tan Shu-Yin said...

Mindy...HAHAHA...what a nice post. I like it but I think it is not ur hp's fault. it's the mistress' fault. I will still continue to scold u everytime u dont pick up ur hp. Thank God I know yh's hp#! Hehe

Outdated-Ian said...

Way to go Mindy! Welcome to the clan of Old-Phone-Users-Who-Refuse-To-Change, I'm in it too!

And...I never faced such frustrations with calling you or SMS-ing you before. Maybe you're intentionally ignoring some of them? :P

Genny said...

Hahahaha i recognise the first one!!! I'll usually ask you out for dinner on Sunday afternoon.... and wait for reply.. tummy rumbling.. wondering if I should go out with my friends.. or continue to wait... watch the clock.. watch the phone.. scold my noisy tummy..
then... tick tock.. 5pm....6pm... 6.30pm... 7pm.. ok, i'm not waiting past 7.30pm.. so run out and hope my friends are still eating dinner outside... =p
next time i know d... directly calling would save me so much frustration =p
eh, if i save RM10 every month, and continue doing that for 10years, I could buy you an iPhone!! See my sisterly love? so you know what i'm gonna get you for your 37th birthday hahaha ^^

Catherine said...

LOL, I would recommend u change to sth old and cheap but slightly newer than ur current "nyawa-nyawa ikan" phone...u nvr know in case of emergency and ur phone is dead on u......e.g what if u car broke dwn halfway somewhere, rite? ahhaha coz my car did once back in kl tarc, so such things can happen to anyone! :P

Mindy said...

The thing is that if I have to spend money to get a new phone, I'll probably be looking for some newer model with cool features. But I won't do it now because it's not necessary yet since my handphone is still semi conscious. I'm hoping my handphone will survive until handphones with 3g, GPS and WiFi will drop in price. :)

Oh, and I'm always paranoid about my car breaking down so I have a handphone charger in my car in case of emergencies. :)

Catherine said...

LOL! what if it wasnt the battery? What if ur hp decided it had enuf, time to really die for good? kakakakkaka :P

Anonymous said...

Called you the other day to wish u Hapi CNY n was wondern why u never pickd up even after callin u twice on 2 different days.NOW I KNOW...
Pushy

Anonymous said...

Called you the other day to wish u Hapi CNY n was wondern why u never pickd up even after callin u twice on 2 different days.NOW I KNOW...
Pushy

Mindy said...

Hey Pusnna, I think my hp must have died after you called me so I didn't see your missed call. Sorry about that....