Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Twittering blogger

There was once I was crazy over an online game called Maple Story and managed to get a few people around me to join the addiction. After that addiction died down, for a while later I was crazy over Facebook and pestered everybody around me to join Facebook. After I got bored with Facebook, I became fascinated with the wonderful world of Google, especially with Gmail and Google Reader. Then I became crazy over blogging, trying to convince others to start their own blog.

My latest fascination is Twitter. Twitter is the latest craze on the web, though it's not that popular here in Malaysia yet. Twitter is fun because you get to update it wherever you are using your handphone or the web. And it can send updates to your handphone whenever someone posts an update. It's almost like chatting with others, just not in real time. Micro-blogging is cool!~~

Also crazy over Firefox lately. It's so much better than Internet Explorer, especially when I access sites on the intranet at work. It's much more faster. And it has a lot of cool add-ons.

If you have Twitter and Firefox, you should download the add-on, TwitterBar on your Firefox. It allows you to enter your status updates in the address bar of any open browser which then directly updates your twitter. Or you can get TwitterFox which will display status updates of everybody at the corner of your browser.

Using Twitter, you get to jott down what you are currently doing or any random thought you have at that moment. A day usually flies pass by, and memories of that day are just lost. So sometimes it's nice just to capture a thought when it happens so that you can read about it days later. Though when I read back what I wrote, I realize that I'm constantly complaining that I'm hungry... hmmm...

Yesterday I was suddenly determined to find a way to send updates to my blog and twitter using my handphone. As you know, my handphone is old with no features to connect to the internet. But I was convinced that there had to be a way to do it through text messaging.

Finally found that I could do it by sending a MMS to my blog email which will publish the post to my blog immediately. Helps me feel more connected during those times when I'm out there feeling so stuck and disconnected.

It's gonna be a matter of time before my craze for blogging and twitter dies down and I'll move on to my next craze. But until then, go and start blogging and start twittering ya... I'll pester you the next time I see you.

PS - my dream job would definitely be working in a web-base company. Oh how I wish....

3 comments:

Soo Huey said...

don't you feel people don't have enough quiet, inflection time? stayin connected so much scares me.

being too attached to technology and "connectedness" distracts us from life's simple pleasures, i think...

Mindy said...

There's always the option to turn everything off when everything becomes too noisy. :)

I guess I just miss my friends who are living so far, so being connected is the only way to stay in touch with one another. :)

Mindy said...

Oh, and I think it's just a phase I'm going through after Soma moved to KL. Wanted to find a way to still keep updated with one another. But ironicly she's the one who hasn't read my blog before, so kinda defeated the whole purpose.