Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Forced to take....

Which employee has to be forced to take a day off from work because the number accumulated leave is about to reach the maximum limit?

Yours truly, ME (I can hear some people saying “siao wan” and I KNOW WHO YOU ARE hehe).

For the past few weeks, I’ve been getting weekly reminders to take leave and each week I’ve been ignoring it.

Until now… because if I don’t take leave by next week, my leave is going to burn. And even knowing that my leave will burn if I don’t use it, I was still hesitating to apply for leave next week. I’m so STINGY. If I could cash out my leave like what I did before, I would. But can’t exchange leave for money now… so sad… so I’m forced to take leave. I’m weird. I know.

After considering for some time, stingy me finally applied for half day leave next week. But I’m gonna be forced to take 1 day of leave every 3 weeks to prevent it from reaching the max limit again. It’s not that I’m a workaholic who refuses to take a day off. Just that I feel that it’s such a waste to take a day off just to stay at home. And I’m too lazy to plan something else. I’m weird. I know.

Boss of course gleefully suggested that I burn off my leave since I don’t really want to take leave. Well I’m weird… not crazy… would you ask a stingy person to burn money just because that person is too stingy to spend it? No right…. so it’s the same concept. I’m weird. I know.

I think I need to take a long holiday somewhere.

8 comments:

Catherine said...

haha really siao one, i'd rather do nth at home at times la :P

Mindy said...

Ian, if you want to go that deep into details, then yes you're right. :P

The last time I was at home doing nothing was when I had to stay at home for almost 2 weeks after the surgery and I almost went crazy.

If someone planned a nice long holiday for me, I would go... i'm just too lazy to plan for it myself. ;)

Jasmine said...

Mindy Loo, you're out of your mind! Here I am trying to take a break but can't due to the continuous assignments (I'm not a workaholic as well just that work does not permit). I actually have checked out places I wanna go to and such. Was planning to take a short break in May but my leave can't be confirmed yet. The only holiday which I have confirmed is in July. And nobody can stop me coz I told them about it in January!!

I'll share with you some of my options for my May holiday if you want. Might get you started planning your own holiday. Sigh... The irony of life.

Mindy said...

Was thinking of going down to KL for a weekend to hang out with you and Soma... let's see whether I can get of my lazy butt first.

Mindy said...

Shu-Yin, maybe during one of my "forced day offs", I'll go over to your place and we can do a little baking together... but also depends when the little one arrives... :)

Pig said...

Mindy!! I TOTALLY FEEL YOU!!! hahaha.. Cos I just forced myself to take 'future holiday' which I don't even know if I'll be taking just so the leaves doesn't get burnt off and I don't have to force myself to take leave now cos sayang ma :P kakakaka. So, the trick is...to apply for leave months and months in future :P Which by then...if u cancel..u still get ur leave back la :D I'm soooo darn stingy!! Even my service award leaves oso I beh shiok to use :P And last week I finished my last day of service award leaves..of which...3 of them will be taken probably in August & Sept? Or izit Nov? :P hahaha.. and yes, I'm still getting reminders every week. But good thing..I have till 36 days :D

Mindy said...

Finally, somebody who understands! Yay!~ And it's not easy to take those 'future holidays' which we don't know whether we will be taking because then that's that decision to make... should I or should I not take the leave... so troublesome and hard for us stingy people... LOL I'm just waiting for September when my limit will be raised to 36 days and I won't be bugged to take forced vacations for a while.

I know... I'm sounding weird again. But it's cool to know there's somebody out there who is as weird as me... hahaha...

Tan Shu-Yin said...

mindy...good good good. i can teach u how to make the chocolate muffins u like. super simple til im sure u will bake it urself everyday then ;D

u faster take leave la before my baby comes out!