Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2009

My temporary vain phase

There are a lot of things I know I should be doing to be healthy, like being nagged to eat more vegetables all my life, but I don't really care. But for some reason, after I watch Dr. Oz's show for just 1 hour, I was determine to eat more vegetables.

I'm not a vain person. I go to the hairsaloon once a year when I can't stand my hair anymore. And I hardly use any makeup and don't bother to buy beauty products. I know I'm suppose to wear sunscreen to protect my skin, but I've always been too lazy. And I think my freckles are cute. Until one day all those little cute freckles decided to join up and form one mama freckle, it doesn't look so cute anymore. Dr. Oz calls them age spots, and after I watched his show, I got paranoid and went out to buy sunscreen lotion that same week.

Anyway, while I'm still in my vain mode (which I'm sure will die down soon), I'm thinking of getting a hair cut. If you know me well, I hardly ever change my hairstyle. I'm just too much of a chicken for any drastric changes (thanks to Mun Yi who screamed at me at the one time I changed my hairstyle).

So I went online, uploaded my photo and tried out all the different celebrity hairstyles out there (see whether you can recognize any of those hairstyles).

I started with short hair, but I personally don't think I look good in short hair.

Then I went on to long hair styles.


So, so, so... long or short? Let me know which one looks the best. :)

And since I was already doing this, I did a makeover as well. Photo the left is with me without any makeup. Photo on the right is after the makeover I did online. Makeup really does change a person's appearance huh?

Yin How thinks I have nothing better do to... And he's right, I've got nothing better to do on a Sunday afternoon. So what? A girl should be allowed to be vain once in a while right? :P

Anyway, if you have nothing better to do and wanna try this out yourself, go to instyle. It's fun. ;)

10 comments:

Genny said...

haha... aiyo, i thought wat's so important... ppl having exam tmr u know! =p hmmm i think the only short hair that looks ok is 5 and 8, but i think 8 looks better...long hair.. hmm.. i think fringe looks funny on u (or maybe i'm not used to it =p) so i'll say 3 and 4...

Soo Huey said...

Hmm... for short hair, for some reason in #5 you remind me of Mun Yi and in #8 you remind me of Peen! I prefer #3. But actually I think surely you can find a more interesting short hair cut? I find Ee Fern's quite nice.

I also went with #3 for long hair, but after thinking, I wonder if your hair will go all wavy like that on its own? If it just comes down straight and don't have the same volume as the celebrity hair, then #3 actually looks very much like your current hairstyle!!!

Conclusion: This is too difficult. Do what I do. Go to the hairstylist (pay some money for this) and tell him to do whatever he wants to but make it interesting. Then wait to be surprised. It's worked for me so far. I get great reviews on my hairstyle, yet I don't have to crack my head to work out what I want. ;) In the worse case scenario, you get a good story out of it.

Mindy said...

Ya, #3 is like my current hairstyle... probably won't change my hairstyle then... or i'll do as suggested, leave it to the hairstylist. See whether I'm in the mood to go to the saloon soon. :)

Mun Yi said...

I like you better with long hair too. #3 being the nicest. But I think you look nice with fringe too. Try it for a change. Or you can ask YH if he likes it. After all, he'll be seeing you most of the time.

I think I don't like you too much with short hair too. Why don't you ask YH about what he likes?

:)

Soo Huey said...

Hmm... I don't know Yin How well, but generally I feel boys don't know what they like or worse still, what YOU like.

How's YH's taste? When was the last time he changed his hairstyle? Would you trust him to pick out an ensemble of dress, shoes, earrings, necklace, bracelet, etc or would he be hopelessly lost? ;)

Just do it, then he'll just have to live with it! :P

Genny said...

eh, go and change ur hairstyle la, before u settle down with kids and hv no time to pamper urself anymore, hehe~ when u going salon? *curious* maybe i wanna go too... my hair is dropping like crazy. My hairballs are worse than russell's old furballs last time =p I tried to chop off my hair last time, but the hair stylist wouldn't let me, he said my hair still has some remaining waves, and it'll go wild if i chop it off.. dunno wat to do with my hair now O.o

Mindy said...

The last person I'll ask is Yin How. Because that guy has no opinion. Everything is "Ok la". Like I brought him along to help choose a dress for the wedding dinner, every single dress I tried on got an "Ok la" from him. Was damn frustrating.

Yin How has only changed his hairstyle once since I met him and he only goes to his regular barber at Butterworth. If I ask Yin How to choose a hairstyle for me, he'll choose the shortest hairstyle cos he gets annoyed when my hair gets into his face. So I don't trust him on this! ;P

Dunno when I'll be going to the saloon... see my mood first. :)

Jasmine said...

I'm in this phase I wanna change my look as well. But dunno what to do to my hair. I feel it looks so unruly now. I shall go check instyle out. :)

And I think you look nicer with long hair. But for a change you could cut it a little shorter than usual and maybe have a bit of a fringe.

MoiYin said...

I just snipped off my hair. Was scared but I tried the bob crop anyway. Somehow it feels good to have ur long hair taken away.

It has taken some years n weight off my face to. SH is right,go to a gud stylist n she what they can suggest to you.

Mindy said...

Yea, short hair makes a person look younger. But I have never dared to try it... I might try it... one day... :)

Anyway, craze to get a new hairstyle has died down, burned out a week of working. Feeling lazy to go to the saloon :P