Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2009

The mad morning rush to work

It was raining the whole night so I kinda expected a lot of places were flooded. Yin How received a text message saying the road to Dell in front of Jabil was flooded so we had to take the back way instead of the coastal highway. I was sulking in the morning because Yin How broke our agreement of he driving to work in the morning and I driving back home. He quickly jumped in the passenger seat leaving me no choice but to get into the driver seat.

We took the Bukit Jambul way and traffic was ridiculously bad. It didn’t seem to make any difference whether the traffic light was green or red because cars were hardly moving. And I was already tensed because I had to drop Yin How at work first and rush for a 8am meeting. Got frustrated being stuck at the junction so I turned back to Intel to head to the coastal highway. And the road to Intel was FLOODED.

After bypassing a few cars which had broken down in the flood, praying that my own car won't break down, the traffic on the coastal highway was worst! And to make me even more tensed, Yin How decided that he had to get the worst stomachache ever. And he kept groaning in pain, going “Oooo…. Arghhhhhh…..don’t talk to me… don’t break too hard… I’m going to shit in the car soon... It's NOT funny...”, leaving me no choice but to become one of those bastards on the road who squeeze and cut queues and force their way at every single opportunity.

Couldn’t use the traffic light junction to turn into Phase IV because traffic was so bad, so drove like a mad person towards Motorola, skidded over huge puddles of water, cut the queue of cars to make the u-turn, and drove like crazy to Altera. I stopped the car at the 2nd floor of the carpark, dumped Yin How at the toilet, parked my car, ran to the men’s toilet, passed Yin How the car keys under the toilet door (first time I entered the men’s toilet at Altera) and ran like crazy to my meeting which I was already late for half an hour. I don’t know what happened to Yin How, but I guess he found somebody to open the exit gate at Altera and drove back to Dell.

And Ian was wondering why I didn’t send him a sms to tell him I was late…. I had a very stressful journey!

5 comments:

Pig said...

Ya..i feel your pain. I went thru the Intel flood too and was also late for 30 minutes for my meeting. Best part, my boss was late for meeting and SJ folks cut the meeting short. Thus, i didnt attend any meeting :P

Let's hope the rain won't come back again after work

jeanne said...

I was half an hour late for my meeting too. I was at coastal highway at 7.45am. Altera was so near yet so far~~~

Mun Yi said...

The weather has a mind of its own today. I get the feeling that the rain we are getting these couple of days is to wash away bad karma. So let us hope that good karma will bloom when the it stops raining.

Ian said...

Well, I left home at 7.10 AM, so probably that was early enough to let me skip the worst parts of the jam later. :)

Haha I told Dave in US during my meeting with him that lots of Penang folks will be late for their meetings and he laughed. :)

Mindy said...

I left home at 7.20am, just 10 minutes later than you but I reached work so much later. Must have been because of the detour I took. Next time, I shall stick to the same route no matter how bad it is.