Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Meet Looi


Meet Looi. He is a good-est guy I know.

I remember when I went on the department team building. I'm usually the weakest physically but I felt that Looi always kept an eye on me throughout activities. There was this one incident where it was raining heavily and we were running around Taiping Zoo on some treasure hunt and we had to complete a task which required us to take off our shoelaces. When the task was done, we had to quickly rush to the next station but I had trouble putting back my shoelaces because my fingernails had cracked from being wet in the rain for so long and it hurt. The whole team just stood there waiting for me, but Looi knelt down in the rain and helped me put back my shoelaces while I stood up watching him. I was so touched.

Also, there was a swimming challenge where I had to go off and swim in the sea. When I reached the beach, Looi immediately reached out and pulled me out from the water. As he pulled me out, I collasped again because I was too tired to stand and wasn't able to run off to the next station. Looi made sure there was somebody to stay with me while I recovered since he had to run off to the next station.

So to me, Looi is one of the good-est guys I know. Some guys only do things for you only if they are interested in you. But Looi is the type of guy who will take care of you even though you may not even be a close friend. He is loyal, caring, honest, humble, funny, and kids just absolutely adore him.

I could sing praises but I guess you have to get to know him to know what I'm talking about. I'm sure those who know him will say the same thing. :)

So..... hopefully one day you'll meet Looi. :)


P/S - this is a lousy cartoon of him... I drew it in a rush last night because I wanted to watch NCIS which had already started. The real Looi looks way better. ;)

9 comments:

QianFang said...

Wahahahaha... actually I think the drawing is not bad. The features look quite similar... especially the hair style. Buahaha.. =D

I should ask Looi to see this~ :P

Genny said...

awww such a sweet story bout him haha~ no wonder you could sacrifice your NCIS time to draw him~ haha~

cylooi said...

Wao... I never thought that I could appear in one of your post!!
Pai seh... erm..

I do agree with QF that the hairstyle looks the same.. :P

Pig said...

WAIT!! Stop all the excitement! I have to share my part!! :P

1) Your cartoon super-under-sized him!!! LOLx and he where got such long neck? :P

2) Okla...his hairstyle...can pass la..not that he has ever attempted anything out of the ordinary :P :P

3) and...I dont think you love Looi all that much :P Cos you would rather rush his important portrait so that you can go watch NCIS :P :P Do you know this portrait could easily fetch him his future wife leh :P kakaka...at least make him look better ma :P

Hehehehehe...Honestly..he look a bit like the Shaolin monks :P hahahaha..

No..it's not your drawing problem..it's just him :P

Mindy said...

LOL...

my cartoons all have long necks and small bodies ma.... didn't know how to fit his body in this style... hahaha...

And I wanted to write this post and couldn't wait to get a perfect cartoon first... and when the theme song from NCIS started playing, I got distracted and started rushing.. it's NCIS ok... and I like NCIS more than CSI and that's a big thing because I'm a CSI freak, so the fact that I used the first 10 minutes of NCIS drawing his cartoon says a lot already. :P

Anyways, the cartoon is not the focus of the post... and in case the future wife is reading this, Looi looks better than this....

Hahahaha....

BTW, I suddenly realized that a person reading my blog for the first time would probably think i'm some primary school kid based on the drawings on this blog @.@

Courtney said...

Mindy: Thanks so much for the comment and thrilled you found me! I've been in KL for only under 1 month, so any tips you'd like to share, I'm all ears :) Thanks again!!

Mindy said...

The cartoon of Looi is meant to be a cartoon.. means I can tipu all i want... hahahaha....


Courtney, welcome to Malaysia. :)

Ian said...

Ha, anyone who wants to know more about Looi, feel free to call the Ian hotline. :) I've had the pleasure of working with him for many years (we were in the same team before, worked on the same projects before, reported to the same boss before, stayed overnight in the office together before, slogged through datelines and pressures together before, etc.). He's an A-class super-friend with a heart of gold! :)

Now I'm trying to get him to meet Ryan more often else Ryan is going to forget his kai-yeh! :(

LK said...

haha... nice post. N I agree that Looi is a nice ogre n much better looking than Shrek.