Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

In a blink of an eye

It’s Monday again. And the cycle begins again.

Sometimes I feel like I fall into such routine which keeps repeating again and again that I’m struggling just to keep up.

I wake up on Monday morning, drag myself out of bed, get ready, drive off to work, all it’s all so routine it almost like I do it unconsciously and the next I know, *blink* I’m already in my cubicle sighing.

Then the whole working day goes by with me just trying to keep my head above the flood of incoming work, *blink* it’s time to go home and *blink* I’m already home. If I’m home first, then I’ll rush to cook dinner, if not hubby would have cooked. Then there’s the washing up to do, cleaning up after the dogs, feeding the dogs, *blink* it’s already 8pm. Watch TV, bathe, *blink* time to kiss hubby and say goodnite.

Then *blink*, *blink*, *blink* and it’s Friday again and I always remember Fridays because it’s the day of the week where I’m always in a good mood. And finally the glorious weekend arrives.. ahhhh….. But the weekend is busy, doing chores, running errands, grocery shopping, meeting up with friends, visiting relatives and *blink* it’s Sunday night where I usually will cook my pot of soup and prepare food in the freezer for the whole coming week.

And *blink*, here I am in my cubicle on Monday again. Where the heck did the whole week go? #@$@%

And the scarier question is, how much more busier will life be in the future when I enter the next stage of life?

And will I one day blink and find that most of life has already passed by but I was too busy?

2 comments:

Tan Shu-Yin said...

i feel that being busy doing the things u like is OK.
if being busy doing the things that u dont like is not OK.

although im not really working..i feel that im bz all the time too...but im happy...so i guess i dont mind life being juz like that.

but i cant say so when little angel arrives. i guess he will keep me super duper busy ALL the time.
so all i need is to make sure that i like taking care of him...if not..into the rubbish bin he will go! hahaha! ;P

Pig said...

I blinked 5 times dy. It's still 3.35PM... and I still have another 2 more hours before can go home :(