Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

On a hot Saturday afternoon

The past weekend was ridiculously hot. And I know a lot of people were feeling the heat by just looking at the "I'm so hot" status updates at facebook. So what would I do on a ridiculously hot day? I went to the beach and sat there under the hot 5pm sun. :P

Yin How wanted to go fishing because he bought a new fishing rod wheely thingy. And I only agreed to go because I wanted to play with my new camera.

When we reached the beach, he suddenly realized, "Oh no, there's no pail to carry back the fish." I just smiled knowing very well how this fishing trip was going to end.

There wasn't any shade on the beach, so we sat under the hot sun. It was so hot, we could hardly open our eyes. Yin How was happy and excited.


He threw in the bait into the sea.

And we waited


And waited



And waited




I started getting bored and found taking photos of my feet more interesting




Each he pulled back his hook, the prawn disappeared. He tried about 3 or 4 times again. And waited...



And waited... no longer looking so happy and excited anymore....



And eventually gave up.




We went home hot and sweaty and fishless. Yin How's "fishing" trips are always trips to feed the fish in the sea. This is why I never bother to remember to bring a pail. :)

5 comments:

Tan Shu-Yin said...

yh's initial excited face is so cute! juz like a kid going to playground look! ;)

Pig said...

no wonder he's sick today! :P Must be the over-exposure under the sun :P

Soo Huey said...

ALWAYS no fish at all? thats bad... maybe he should look into why thats so.

on outings where there are lotsa bites, fishing can be fun. maybe the next time u wanna get him a gift, u should find someone who'll take both of u out to sea at the right time. bring pails! ;)

Mindy said...

He has caught fishes before but that rarely ever happens. Usually he blames it on the rough waves. ;)

Genny said...

ooo nice photos, did u use your new canggih camera? =)