Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

So called meditation

Towards the end of the aerobics session today, we were asked to lie down on our mats and relax while listening to calming music. The instructor said, relax... listen to the music... free your mind... be one with the universe

I was lying on my mat staring at the ceiling, trying to free my mind while random thoughts rushed through my head...

  • I'm feeling stupid lying down on the company floor staring at the ceiling
  • The ceiling is so gray, there are so many dots, how many times have I stared at the ceiling to calm myself from pulling out my hair in times of stress
  • Hmm.... what's for dinner?
  • Oh no... i forgot to tell Genny to take out the fish to defrost for dinner
  • I wonder whether she cooked dinner...
  • Aiks, must remember to go home and find the telephone bill under all the mess
  • Forgot to transfer money to the savings account la
  • Need to remember to pay the car loan
  • Need to cut my nails
The instructor might have seen my eyes opened so he continued, close your eyes... relax... control your mind... open the 3rd eye...

  • Crap, I don't have time of a 3rd eye. My 2 existing eyes are busy enough
  • Which reminds me I didn't send the status update yet
  • Crap, just remembered i didn't reply an email yet
  • Sigh, work is hard...

At the end of the meditation, I felt more tired than before. I think the only time I can truly blank out my mind is when I'm watching TV. This is why I cannot live without the TV. It is my form of meditation. ;)

1 comments:

Genny said...

hahaha.. i didn't know aerobics had the weird meditation thingy also.. your 3rd eye....? lol, if i was there, i'd probably burst out laughing, and the instructor would give me... the Evil Eye...