Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

You know you're getting older....

  1. When the radio plays an old boy band or girl band song from your decade and you start grinning like a maniac
  2. When you start saying things like, “You know ah… during my days, McD value set only cost RM5… now it’s so expensive!”
  3. When you start scanning through your face to find any new wrinkles or spots
  4. When you start getting gray hair (Sob!)
  5. When you find Miley Cyrus, the Jonah Brothers and High School Musical irritating
  6. When everything you eat goes straight to your waist… and decides to stay there.
  7. When the mother-in-law starts to get anxious why there’s no production of grandchildren yet
  8. When work gets tougher and tougher and you start thinking about what you wanna do for the rest of your life
  9. When the main conservation you usually have with friends are about who is married and who has kids already
  10. When you go out for a late night out and look like shit the next day
  11. When you cannot remember the lyrics to Negaru-ku, or the title of your state song, and totally cannot recall what your school song used to be
  12. When you cannot solve a simple maths problem without the use of your handphone calculator
  13. When (if you’re a guy), you no longer have the guts to say “Phew-wit, can I be your friend?” to pick up a pretty girl (a strategy which the young Yin How used to use)
  14. When you start going through weird phases, like suddenly wanting to draw and color pictures everyday for 2 weeks, and suddenly stop, leaving the color pencils to collect dust.
  15. When you're smiling while reading everything above
Yes, my friends, we may not be so old yet... but we are getting older... ;)

12 comments:

Jasmine said...

Do you know we were just talking about getting older over lunch earlier? And I was telling my colleagues how when I knew u, Gen was only 5 and now she's in uni. Damn I feel old!!

Tan Shu-Yin said...

u seriously cannot remember the lyrics to Negaru-ku, or the title of your state song, school song?

i can remember all these 3....so i am younger than u! ;D

Mindy said...

I'm not denying that I'm getting older. I just hope i'm getting older gracefully. ;)

Jas, when I knew Pushna, her brother was just born and I remember attending his 1st birthday. Look how old he is now.

And Shu-yin, this Friday during dinner, I'm going to make you sing Negara-ku, the Penang state song (whatever the title may be) and all the CPT school songs. If you cannot remember one word, you have to admit you're just as old as me. ;)

Mindy said...

WY, probably less than half of the list applies to you but 2 or 3 years later and you'll be there too. :P

Ian said...

I'm older than you Mindy, but I think more than 1/2 of the list DON'T APPLY to me still. :) (e.g.: 14 definitely is out and I think that strictly applies ONLY to Mindy, and I don't find Miley Cyrus irritating :P )

Ian said...

No comments on item 14 making you special haha, but as for me doing a 13, ya, I think I can still do that (though, I don't use that particular kind of pick-up phrase - it sounds lame haha). :P

Mindy said...

Ian, next time when we go out for lunch/dinner, I dare you to go up to a random table, sit there, and ask a girl, "Can I be your friend?". ;)

Ian said...

Haha that's true! I think I have used some pretty lame pick-up lines in the past! :)

Soo Huey said...

mindy, i need a place to reply to your twits without actually being on twitter!!

anyway, your latest twit "maybe it's time to look for something new"...

would you and yin how like to visit Achievers Toastmasters Club (my club) @ YMCA, next Thurs (11th June) 8-10pm?

i know you're tired after work and can't be bothered, but since Mun Yi will be visiting as well, why don't just come and have a look.

i'm not asking you to join, just come check it out so you know what to expect and in future if ever you feel like you need stimulation/inspiration, outlet to vent or a good laugh, you know where to go on a Thurs night ;)

Anyone reading who would like to inquire, I can be contacted on 016-4789-504.

Mindy said...

You can always sign up for twitter just to reply twitts. But I doubt it's suitable for you bcos twitter limits you to 140 chars at a time, which i think would be challenging for you. ;)

Anyway, thanks a lot for the invite, but I'm not a public speaking person and will always try to avoid it when I can. :P

Soo Huey said...

haha! yes, i dont think twitter is for me too. tho i cope with msn n facebook status posts, so maybe maybe...

i would say that everyone in my club (except me) joined because they didn't like public speaking n most even feared public speaking. so u would fit right in! ;)

have u heard of penang players society? try googling it. i recently got to know one of their playwright/directors. gonna audition for a role in their next play just for the fun of it. you curious?

come on lah! things that u dont avoid are things which u already do... so to do new things, means have to explore things including things u THOUGHT u didnt like n PREVIOUSLY avoided!

Mindy said...

Hahaha... maybe one day.. but not now. I've been really busy at work for the past month and it will probably be this way until August. Poor hubby has to cook everyday because I keep coming home late. Don't want to neglect the poor hubby even further by attending something else.

Maybe one day I'll take a month off just to chill out and do things I wouldn't normally do. I was once a person who was eager to get out of the house. Then I started working and the only thing i look forward to is to be at home.