Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Failed attempt at Yoga

I'm into the whole healthy lifestyle living thingy lately. So I decided to try out Yoga. Bought a DVD for beginners. Yin How wanted to try it out too and I told him that he will spend the first 5 minutes giggling and then go into the room and sleep.

I played the DVD and in the introduction they showed an experienced man performing an advanced Yoga pose. He was standing on one leg and the other leg was pulled from behind with his arm. Yin How wanted to make fun of the pose by attempting to follow it, pulled his butt muscles in the process and crashed down on the sofa with both hands squeezing his butt, half crying in pain and half giggling hysterically.

Sigh, like I predicted, he spent the first 5 minutes giggling, got bored, then went into the room to sleep.

I have to say, Yoga is HARD. My shoulder muscles are all aching. So I must be using some muscles which I don't normally use during my aerobic sessions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

efverytime u write stories of yinhow it cracks me up. i mean seriously... he's starting to grow a fan base... lol

-wc

Mindy said...

haha, after being with him for 9 years, I still get amused by some of the things he does. ;)

Catherine said...

yoga is great...u'll get better the more you do it ;)

Pig said...

I don't think it's wise to learn on your own when you have no idea wat it risks it can potentially bring :P If you muscles hurt a lot after that.. you could be straining a bit too hard :P So...better be careful ya..hehe..

and i must say..you are lucky to have a man that makes u laugh! ;)