Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Mr. Fit

I'm trying to get Yin How to exercise more. But he's convinced that he is as fit as he should be. So I challenged him to see who could do more squats. There we were, the two of us doing squats in the living room, going up and down up and down like two psychos. He put on his cool "no sweat" macho face expression even though I knew he was feeling the strain.

After going on non-stop for 15 minutes, I gave up not because I couldn't go on, but I was getting impatient and sweaty and I couldn't stand his "no sweat" macho expression he kept giving me. So he won and was gloating like crazy, and I was sulking in a little corner. He also did 20 push ups and dunno how many sit ups to prove that he's fit.

Last night he suddenly came up to me with a genuinely worried expression, "Mindy ah, I think I'm falling sick la... my whole body is aching. My legs, my arms, my shoulders". For a second I was a little worried before I realized, THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SUDDENLY EXERCISE YOUR UNDER UTILIZED MUSCLES OK.

He walks like an old man right now. And he's no longer giving me his "no sweat" macho look anymore. ;)

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I wish I could drag him to George's classes. But don't think outsiders are allowed right?

And I didn't abuse him, he did everything out of his own macho-ness. hehehe...

Elly Leong said...

Mindy, wanted to you ask you this, where do you go for yoga? I'm having backache and shoulder ache recently-getting more serious. I need to attend a very good yoga class to get back to shape after my delivery. Mind to share with me the details of the yoga class you went to and how much it is! Thanks. You can email me at elly.leong@plexus.com

Soo Huey said...

hey elly... i happen to know that chin peng n mei ying also go to yoga classes. both at different places. juz thot u may b interested to know juz to give u options, esp since cp n my's classes may b nearer to where u live. i dunno details, tho. have to ask them direct.

Elly said...

Hi Huey, thanks for the comment. Yeah I already get the info from both of them.

Anyway, I'm trying out yoga for backache via UTube..really good now don't feel so much pain after doing it.. Yoga really good le...got time really have to master it.