Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

25 Random Things

I first heard of this 25 Random Thingys in Google Reader. Knew it was just a matter time before it reached here. I think I prefer to do mine here. I've added too many people in facebook, a lot whom I don't know or can't remember, some whom I don't want to add but can't block.

Anyways,

  1. I love dogs. I know almost everybody knows this but doggies must be mentioned here

  2. My tongue has a little split in the middle. Maybe that's why I sometimes cannot pronounce words properly

  3. I spent the 1st year of my life in Kelantan, then the next 5 years in England. I started my first year of school there.

  4. I'm named Mindy because people in England couldn't pronounce my Chinese name so I was given a English name later. My mum was either going to name me Ruby or Mindy. (I'm glad she chose Mindy)

  5. I used to be a very talkative kid. My primary school teacher changed my seating in class three times because I talked too much and I ended up sitting in the corner by myself.

  6. Later in life I became an introvert. I prefer to keep to myself than to join a large group. I don't care whether that makes me look like I'm stuck up or anti-social. It's just who I am.

  7. I can't speak Chinese. Maybe it's because I grew up in England. Maybe it's because my parents converse only in English. But I think it's because I suck big time in any language subjects. Throughout school I only scored A once in BM, during PMR. I rather study anything except BM. I stucked in BM.... and Geography.

  8. I love Oprah. And I love Dr. Oz. He's the reason I'm starting to eat vegetables and exercising regularly

  9. I would rather spend my money on my home which I spend most of my time then to spend it on a 1 week vacation in another country. Of course if I were rich, I would spend it on both and a lot of other stuff... like an iPhone.
  10. Because of #9, my passport is absolutely clean. The last time I flew out of Malaysia was when I was 13, still using my mum's passport

  11. Since I was 13, I always had long hair (except for once when I cut it shorter and Mun Yi screamed her head off when she saw it). I used to have ugly short hair when I was young because I wasn't allowed to keep long hair. I'm not brave enough to go back to having short hair

  12. I don't believe in following traditions just because it's a tradition. I need to understand why I have to do something if I have to do it. If it's illogical, then I won't do it.

  13. I can be a stubborn ass when I want to be.

  14. I never used to swear, even saying "shit" was too vulgar... until I met Yin How.

  15. I'm a little scared of the dark. Yin How likes to switch off the light while I bathe to make me scream.

  16. I love The Simpsons.

  17. I hate frying fish. I'm terrified of hot oil. I usually wait for Yin How to do it. I'm terrified of fire, I do not dare to light a match or a lighter. I'm scared of bees as well. And also cockroaches.

  18. I value old friendships. I would rather have 1 good childhood friend than to have 100 friends I'm not close with

  19. I call my sister Lulu Gen and she calls me Lulu Min. We started it after watching Breakfast At Tiffany's.

  20. When I'm PMS-ing, I get very emotional. Even an advertisement can make me want to cry.

  21. I'm not good in hiding my feelings. If I don't it like, chances are I'll show it

  22. I usually only buy shoes from Vincci, Nose or Voir.

  23. I sat in a push chair until I was 5. My dad wheeled me in a push chair to kindergarden

  24. I love my TV, I love dark chocolate, I love tomyam, I love The Gilmore Girls, I love the color brown, I love Marley and Me.

  25. I hate crowds. I won't go out on Valentine's day, or Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve just because everyone is doing it. I rather spend a quiet evening at home with the people I love.

I have to say that writing 25 random things about myself was harder than I thought.

5 comments:

Tan Shu-Yin said...

#14. I never used to swear, even saying "shit" was too vulgar... until I met Yin How <--- oh no, bad influence! hehe

#23. I sat in a push chair until I was 5. My dad wheeled me in a push chair to kindergarden <---muahahahahahaha

Catherine said...

haha i was wondering eh how come tak nampak ur list on facebook when i remembered u said u were up to #24 d...:P

Mun Yi said...

#11 If its any consolation, I think you look simply adorable when you had short hair when you were a kid. I recommend my stylist Stephanie at Hair Impression (Pragin Mall) or Vincent Hair Impression (Butterworth) if you decide you want a change.

#17 Paling benci the flying cockroaches. To this day, I still don't understand why they always fly towards me.

Genny said...

wow, this makes me wanna do the 25 thingy too.. haha.. sigh, still no time to start my first blog post also.. sob.. hahaha and i find it so funny that his name is really Dr.Oz... like wizard of Oz.. where lil lulumin skips with her barbaric Russell in search of the castle of vegetables and salads =p haha, u could hv seperated #24 so u hv more wat =p

Mindy said...

Shu-Yin, I'll rather sit in a push-chair until 5 than not brush my teeth until I'm 5. :P

Yup, I got stuck at #24 and didn't know what else to write for a while.

Mun, you haven't seen my standard 4 ugly photos of my coconut hairstyle.

Genny, you can't be that busy right? Considering you have time to go out at night to have fatty burgers and sugar water.