Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Brangelina movies

I’m not a fan of Brangelina. But it just so happen that both are in really good movies this year.


The first is Changeling where Angelina Jolie portrays Christine Collins, a mother whose son went missing. The LA police during those times had a corrupted image, so to improve their image they found a boy who matched the description of the missing boy and returned him to Christine. Christine found that the boy was not her son and the story goes on to how she fought to find her real son.


Usually I don’t like movies that have bad corrupted police and the storyline didn’t seem very interesting. And I was wondering, how they could find a boy who is not her son and insist that he is? But as I watched on, I found that it was a compelling movie that it had a twist to the story. And Angelina’s acting is absolutely superb giving a powerful portrayal of a mother’s anguish. Also, this movie is based on true events giving the story more credit.


All in all, a good watch. And it’s a sad true story, which unfortunately does not have a happy ending.



In The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Brad Pitt plays Benjamin who is a person born as an old man who grows younger. Huh? Kind of silly when you think about it. But I have to say that make up and video editing really can do wonders. Using make up to make someone look older is not unusual. But to make a man in his 40s look like a teenager?


The movie moved a little too slow for me. Or maybe it was because I found myself impatiently waiting for Brad Pitt to grow younger. Brad Pitt as an old shriveled man looked terrible though I had to admire how well the makeup was done. Throughout the first half the movie I could feel myself silently screaming, “When he going get YOUNGER!!??”.


And when he finally became younger, damn…. he looked good. And when you think they can’t make him look any younger, the last few scenes showed him looking like a teenager. How the heck did they do that? I was amazed… and drooling at the same time.


This is a movie which reminds us that we will all grow older one day and we will all end up in the same place. So live life to the fullest. And if you think that growing younger is better, you’d be wrong.


Yin How fell asleep during the movie and woke up towards the end when Brad Pitt was young. Maybe you can do it if the movie bores you. Overall, I thought the movie was good. Or maybe it because I was just satisfied after the long wait to see Brad Pitt young and handsome at the end. :P

8 comments:

Mun Yi said...

Yay yay...was waiting anxiously to watch Benjamin Button in the cinema.

I believe Yin How when he said he didn't fall asleep la.

I think he just passed out when he had to listen to so many words at one sitting. *wink*

P/S: It's not even in the cinema yet, you downloaded it is it?

Mindy said...

Hahahaha... that made me laugh..

I bought the DVD. You are so gonna be drooling when you watch the movie. Watching the movie made me think back of those days when you were crazy over Brad Pitt. :)

Genny said...

oh yea, i'm fascinated.. how did he manage to convince u to go bt.feringghi to buy dvd again?

Mindy said...

Well being struck by Cupid's arrow didn't make me want to pause a video of Yin How to take photos for him. LOL!~

Jasmine said...

Hahaha.... I remember that one. :) Mun was obsessed with him. Sigh... The good ol' days.

Mun Yi said...

Different people experience different symptoms when they are struck by Cupid's arrows mah. And it also depends on how old you are when you are struck.

At that time when I was struck, two of the many other symptoms I experienced was madness and obsession mah.

Mindy said...

You always go mad and obsessed with something you like. Like when you like belts, you'll buy 10 belts. And when you like that junk food, you'll buy 10 packets. ;)

Mun Yi said...

Those are 2 instances of being a smart consumer la.

The belts costs RM5 each nia...I didn't buy 10 er...but it might have been a wise choice if I did.

As for junk food, those in value packs one normally more than 10 packets one wor...hehe.