Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

Today I'm feeling a little better than yesterday. Still in pain, but at least I was able to walk to the window to look at the view outside. Being in a hospital for 4 days and looking at the busy world outside made me feel so trapped inside, almost like there's this wonderful place outside which I'm not able to enter.

Doctor gave me the green light to go home. I felt happier than I felt in days. Waited for Yin How to come and pick me up. Waved goodbye to the nurses. Was wheeled in a wheelchair (which I felt was pretty cool) and when I finally got into the car to go home, I felt the world outside is so BEAUTIFUL. The sky is so blue and the leaves on the trees are so green and everything looks so bright and real.

Russell and Sparkle went crazy when they saw me. And for a while, Russell refused to let me out of his sight. He just kept staring and sticking to me. Look at him spying on me.

Also, I want to thank everybody for their well wishes. It's really nice to receive a sms when I'm depressed, in pain and alone in the ward. :) And also to Yin How who took such great care of me. And Genny who came over to look after me.

Anyway, just to share my experience of getting appendicitis. I started getting pain after having a late dinner on Saturday night. I thought it was gastric and it lasted only a while. On Sunday noon, after I had my lunch I suddenly started getting pain in my stomach again. It was quite mild at first and I was online obsessed with trying to download GPS maps into Tubey, so I ignored the pain the whole afternoon.

Towards evening, the pain started to get worst, but Yin How was bored (because I was more interested in Tubey than him) so to make it up to him I followed him to Sushi King and had dinner there. At night the pain became unbearable. And I started to suspect it wasn't normal because I was getting sharp stabs of pain on the right side of my body which doesn't happen when I get gastric.

I couldn't sleep the whole night. The pain was unbearable when sleeping on my back, so I had to sleep on my sides to lessen the pain. Towards very early morning, the pain went down to my lower abdomen which I then thought maybe it was food poisoning but I waited and waited and there was no diarrhea.

By Monday morning, the pain reduced and I was able to sleep. I slept the whole day and woke up at 5pm when Yin How came back from work. By then, there was hardly any pain, but Yin How insisted that I go to the hospital to check up. I argued with him and finally got him to fetch me to the clinic instead.

The doctor at the clinic checked my body and I found that it hurt when he pressed my lower abdomen on the right side. When he said it could be appendicitis, I was shocked. I never suspected that it was my appendix. I thought when getting appendicitis, only the right side would hurt at that one spot. I didn't think my whole body would hurt so much.

When I told Yin How I had to go to the hospital, he made me listen to his "I told you so" speech. And when I was admitted into the hospital, I was still in denial that I had to go to surgery. At first I refused to be admitted, but finally agreed to it for convenience sake.

The next day when the doctor came to check on me, I gave him a big smile and said, "I'm feeling great". He smiled back and pressed my appendix which made me yelp in pain and said, "No, you are not fine". After that told me that the blood test confirmed I had an infection, the stubborn me finally accepted that I had to go for surgery.

And the rest you know already.

I so need to bath right now. Waiting for hubby to come home and scrub me from head to toe. And I think I'm gonna enjoy that. ;)

5 comments:

Jasmine said...

So you taking advantage of your situation la.... :) But YH is a darling la. Have a good bath.

Tan Shu-Yin said...

hahaha...i like this post. u appreciating how beautiful the world is if u juz open ur eyes!

Soo Huey said...

aiks! you were in hospital?! why nvr indicate which hospital? we could've gone to make lots of noise n disturb the lady beside ya! least it'd be less boring... :P

hope you feel better soon. *hugs

Mindy said...

I was looking and feeling terrible at that time. So I didn't tell anyone I was in the hospital except my boss and Pushna who happen to call me when I was being admitted.

And I was in a single room all by myself. So no other person beside me to disturb. :)

Mun Yi said...

Glad that all's well Mindy. When you're up to it, we meet up again ok. :) Things will be ok. Don't worry about it.